Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh where is Spring?

It has been a while since I have sat here and let y'all see a little into my life and mind. (I know...it's scary looking into my thoughts...but I know you enjoy it...or you wouldn't be reading this now) It's not because I don't care about all of you in blogger land...it's just that I have been so extremely busy with life and what comes and goes with it!

We have made it past the one month mark of Wesley being gone and we are doing fantastic! I think in a way with him being gone so much throughout the year when he is not deployed has tremendously helped us out during this deployment. Although I'm still not sure if I'm half expecting him to knock on our door one day soon saying "I'm home!" But what ever helps I am ok with it! haha

I finally got my new pink laptop! I was very specific about wanting the pink color...that's why I had to throw in the word pink....just so you all know...I did get what I asked for! It is so nice to be able to take it with me wherever I want to go. And I know that you must be wondering why I got a new laptop in the first place...after all my other one was only 2 years old! Well...let's just say that Wesley is a gun man...and when it comes to computers the only way he knows how to fix them is throw a rock at them....which instead of actually throwing a rock at it...he threw the computer at the rock! You think I'm kidding....I'm not! I love my husband...but I know when to keep electronics away from him and when to call the repair guy. Now if it was a gun I needed fixing...he would have been all over that. hehe

I am starting my deployment project very soon. I have decided to keep myself busy this deployment by basically renovating our house! Ambitious you ask...and I answer YES!!!! It comes with its stresses...but I am prepared to deal with them...I think. :) My first big act...tearing up the floors! You might as well start big right? I will be putting in wood floors all throughout the house...except for the kitchen and bathrooms....those will be tiled! I cannot wait to get this done. Right now my floors are so yucky!!!! I can't stand them. We (I say we because I have gotten the help of several strong Army men to help me...woohoo) will begin the tearing out process after my return trip from TX the second week of March.

Which brings me to my next big adventure. Driving to TX on Saturday...just me and my boy...in a truck for 11 hours!!!! Anyone feeling my pain yet? Thankfully Ian has always been a great traveler...let's hope that doesn't stop on this trip! I am going up there to spend my birthday with my family. Since we didn't get to make it up there for Christmas this year, I decided to wait for my birthday! I'm so excited to see everyone...well most everyone...my sister Julie and her family will not be there...so that is sad! :(

So far the beginning of this year has been crazy as far as weather is concerned. We have gotten more snow then I think they have gotten here in a long time. And tomorrow we are supposed to get more. At this point I am so tired of snow and can't wait for spring to get here. I just want to turn off my heat and open my windows! It will happen soon enough I'm sure....but I am so impatient!

Ian is doing great....he is learning his numbers (he can count to 12) and has some of the alphabet down. It is so weird to hear him talk sometimes....I can't believe how big he is getting! He still loves airplanes and whenever he sees one he goes "look mom...cool!" He is so sweet!

Well, I need to go and get back to life now. I have a meeting with my personal trainer in a little over an hour! And yes...I have hired a personal trainer...one of the best things I have ever done for myself! She is great....she pushes me without being overly psycho. :) For the first time in my life I have reached muscle failure thanks to her...and I'm here to say it is NOT fun...but the end result sure is! :)

So for now my blogger friends I say goodbye and hope that it will not take me this long to talk to you again!

1 comment:

  1. Yah! I'm happy that you are doing well and renovating your house! You'll have to post before and after pictures! :) Be careful on your trip to Texas!!

    ReplyDelete